Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hey, How Did an Optimistic Post Get in Here?

Reading this article about incoming Illini freshman Jereme Richmond, I can honestly say that I am one frustrated fan. Frustrated that I have to slog through the rest of a worthless baseball season and a big chunk of mediocre Bears football and sub-mediocre Illini football seasons before I might get to see a team that I root for have a special season.

I guess I've waited almost four years for him to finally suit up in Orange and Blue, so what's another 3 1/2 months? Still, waiting for the season to start is tough, especially when his coach says something like this:
"He brings a lot to the table," [Coach Bruce] Weber said. "We have a veteran squad with four very solid seniors and some good sophomores. Maybe he can be the versatile guy, the missing link that makes the difference for us really making a strong run this upcoming season."
OK, that's enough optimism for now. I promise I'll get back to more pessimism soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment