Thursday, August 12, 2010

College Football - Feel the Excitement

Only three weeks away from the college football season. Scanning the national media, I don't see any mention of the Illini as having anything to do with shaping the next decade of college football, at least in SI's view. Scanning further...ah, here's ESPN's Big 10 preview. Let's scroll down...hmm, no Illini at the top...still scrolling - there's Indiana, but no...oh, crap! There's Illinois, at number 11. Great - we're projected to be worse than Indiana. I'd say that things can't get any worse than that, but next year Nebraska joins the Big 10, so actually things can get worse - we could finish 12th.

Returning to the SI article, one of the predictions is the return of the option offense. I hated the option offense when teams like Oklahoma and Nebraska used it in the 1970's and 80's, but I'm so bereft of hope for the Illini football program now that I'd be willing to stomach having my team run the option if it meant we'd no longer be a doormat. Thanks, Ron Zook and Ron Guenther!

No comments:

Post a Comment